First impressions are critical when a prospective tenant inspects your property. Attracting the best tenant for your investment property is vital for your peace of mind and achieving your investment goals.
We recommend attending the following items which can really help:
- Create an attractive street appeal with gardens pruned, lawns mowed and edged, windows and gutters cleaned and exterior paintwork fresh, clean and presentable.
- Repair or replace items within the property as they reach the end of their useful life such as leaking taps, broken light fittings, loose door handles and torn fly screens to ensure that your property looks loved and cared for.
- Paint the property in neutral tones every 5-7 years to keep the property fresh and appealing.
- When the property is vacant take the opportunity to have the property professionally cleaned and get the painting and any appliance or flooring upgrades carried out.
- If your property is a part of a body corporate ensure that the group takes care of the common area foyers, driveways, carparks and garden beds to ensure that these areas are not a turn off to good tenants prior to them even getting inside your property.
- Ensure prospective tenants will feel secure with deadlocks, window locks and security screens in place.
- Where the property has a pool, ensure that it is clean, fresh and inviting with low maintenance surrounds so that the pool is a bonus for the tenant, not an unwanted burden. We recommend providing pool cleaning equipment and having a monthly service included within the rent to ensure this is kept in optimal condition.
- Ensure that you are protected at all times with adequate insurance cover including building, public liability and rent cover.